From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steve Ligett
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 1:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Supplies - Ink vs Laser?

Hi - I'm looking at my supplies budget for next year. Yikes. It's large, and it's largely toner for laser printers. (Paper is in another budget.) Ok, we need to reduce printing. But I also want to reduce the price per page. We're using 3rd party toner for all but one of our printers. I could go to self-refill to trim that cost. Anyone doing that?

Or I could try inkjet. HP has inkjets with "page-wide" heads that they say are fast, as good as laser, and less expensive per page. Anyone using those?

How are you reducing your supplies costs?

thanks,
steve