Here is a great Student/Teacher side-by-side screencast of classroom:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RogerNixon/posts/4A8zDnMdqst

I have always been for simplicity, and I think Classroom does do that nicely.   It does rip-off the workflow of Doctopus, which the teacher only sees what they send out, or "Turn-in".    What I am concerned about is that, being a layer on-top for drive, it doesn't teach authentic folder & file management. This authentic usage is one of the advantages both Doctopus and gClassFolders has over Classroom.

   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003
   Google Apps For Education Certified Trainer & Administrator
My Sites
 ~ Edlisten.com Educational Podcast

gClassFolders ~ Create Google folders for your class.