Hello all:

If any of you are headed down to ISTE in Atlanta, let me make a formal invitation to another event that is being hosted by the organization I represent, State Education Technology Directors Association (SETDA).

SETDA has its Emerging Technology Forum from June 26-29, and while not all of the events are open publicly, this one is and could be something you wish to attend to keep abreast of the ConnectED program out of the White House.  I would be pleased to welcome ANY Vermonters to the event.  If you are down in Atlanta for ISTE, please come by!

For those that are not attending, I will keep all informed about the various opportunities that may come available through this effort.

Peter

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/1f18c643d052d9f509a7060f4/images/Generic_email_final.jpg

  http://gallery.mailchimp.com/1f18c643d052d9f509a7060f4/images/twitter_bird_white_on_blue.jpg

You are cordially invited to
RSVP to Attend SETDA's ConnectED Private Sector Showcase
Saturday, June 28, 2014
Marriott Marquis, Atlanta (GA)
4:00 - 5:15 pm ET

The event is free and open to the public but
RSVP is required.

On Saturday, June 28th, 2014 from 4:00 pm – 5:15 pm ET in International Salon 1-3 at the Marriott Marquis, Atlanta, Georgia, SETDA will be joined by representatives from the U.S. Department of Education and the companies that have committed $2 billion in educational technology resources under the ConnectED initiative to share information about their commitments and how educators can take advantage of them.

This first of its kind event is free and open to the public, although an RSVP is required to attend.

ConnectED is intended to enrich K-12 education for every student in America by leveraging the power of technology for learning, including through public-private partnerships with leading technology companies. To date, President Obama has announced that ten companies have pledged $2 billion in support toward advancing ConnectED goals. SETDA is helping the companies highlight their commitments and help ensure that students and teachers most in need of support benefit from these unprecedented offers of public-private partnership. Companies that have made ConnectED commitments include: Adobe; Apple, Inc.; AT&T; Autodesk; Esri; Microsoft; Prezi; Safari Books Online; Sprint Corporation; and Verizon. For further details, please visit: http://www.setda.org/outreach/public-events/connected-partners.

For more information about the ConnectED Private Sector Showcase or SETDA's Private Sector Partnership Program, please contact Jennifer Fritschi, Ph.D., Director of Strategic Partnerships, at [log in to unmask] or 202-716-6636 x704.

About SETDA
Founded in 2001, the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) is the principal non-profit membership association representing U.S. state and territorial educational technology leaders. Our mission is to build and increase the capacity of state and national leaders to improve education through technology policy and practice. For more information, please visit: setda.org

All Other SEDTA Contacts (list Members, PSP or Channel Partners)  Unsubscribe [log in to unmask] from this list.

Our mailing address is:

SETDA

PO Box 10

Glen Burnie, MD 21060