Have you tried turning band steering to 80/20? Or, simply turn off the 2.4 radio to A/B it?

Thanks,

Larry Dougher
Chief Information Officer
Information Technology Services
Windsor Southeast Supervisory Union
127 State Street, Windsor, VT 05089
Email | Google+Twitter | LinkedIn | (802) 674-8336

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Bob Wickberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
If the APs are too closely packed, and you don't turn the power down, they
can interfere with each other.  But especially if you're talking about the
2.4ghz band, there's a lot of other things that can use the spectrum
and/or cause interference, too: cordless phones, microwave ovens,
Bluetooth...

Great test equipment for problems like this isn't cheap. I'd kill for a
Fluke AirMagnet, but....

Some of Metageek's tools that aren't too expensive might do the trick, or
not, like this one:

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider-for-office/

Metageek does have a 30 day money back policy, so you could try it and
see, if you don't mind tying up some of your credit card limit.  They
don't take POs as far as I know.

Bob Wickberg
Technology Coordinator
802-451-3418