Teresa,

Looks like Appalachian Brown to me…but the taxonomy on these is hardly resolved at this time.

For example, a very reddish-brown dark whatever shows up in old dry fields in Massachusetts in early August………It’s anybody’s guess at this time what THIS entity is.

Alex

From: Vermont Butterfly Survey [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Theresa Armata
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 3:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ID Help

Hi Gang,

Today in Bennington Saw the first MONARCH of the year, alas, it was in the far end of an overgrown field and I couldn't get there for a pic.

Also Baltimore Checkerspot, Question Mark,  and at a town wetland either an Eyed Brown or Appalachian Brown

As it flew briskly in a Woody area next to small wetland and without the low limpid winged flight of the Eyed Brown I am

calling it Appalachian Brown . Link to picture on VT Butterfly Flicker group below.

Any help appreciated

Terri Armata

Bennington.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44901540@N05/14349893590/in/pool-vbs

CAUTION PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this transmission is intended to be sent only to the stated recipient of the transmission.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the intended
recipient's agent, you are hereby notified that we do not intend to waive
any privilege that might ordinarily be attached to this communication. Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in this
transmission is therefore prohibited. You are further asked to notify us of
any such error in transmission as soon as possible at the telephone
number/email address shown above. Thank you for your cooperation.