Peter,
I read this post and realize we are way behind in this area. The main way we communicate with technology is through the website and face book. We are using no other platforms for our PK-6 school.

I know parents access the handbook, building projects, calendar because we are trying to cut down on paper and have asked them to access electronically and to contact us if they need hard copies. Of 250 kids (160 families) we may get 20-30 requests.

The facebook page is just starting up. I also will be starting a twitter piece.
Thanks for asking.