Grea to hear you like the Afinia H480. Mike Hathorn recommended it to me. Here's an "unboxing" video I made: http://youtu.be/KlQ8RlMxisc

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Rodney Batschelet <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Caleb, this is the same printer that we have here at Benson Village School. I would heartily recommend this printer to any school that is looking to purchase. You are correct in that these are great devices to have in the school and ours has been busy since it left the box. Great stuff.

On a side note, the Gartner Research Group released this year's Hype Cycle chart on emerging technologies. 3D printing was on the chart in several places, but the conclusion was that it will be 5-10 years before schools have completely adopted 3D printers as a mainstream device.

I suspect that this prediction is a bit on the conservative side, we will see. In a lot of ways, we still tend to see tech progress in the same linear fashion as it has always done in the past. Since the growth is now exponential, it can lead to errors. Rather than the 100+ years that the team who mapped the human genome had predicted it would take, it was done in 15.