Thank you for posting Bill.

In my opinion, DOAJ was a good standard before, and it is great news that they are striving to increase quality control and will adhere to more strict measures in the future.
From this article, I only take good news.

For those interested in viewing, the new application form for DOAJ follows: http://doaj.org/application/new

All best,

Amanda

Amanda Page
Harvard Open Access Project (HOAP)
Berkman Center for Internet & Society

From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nichols, William [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2014 9:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: interesting item from Nature on OA screening process.

Bjørnshauge's Directory of Open Access Journals has instituted tighter controls for acceptance, & is requesting all its listed journals to reapply in an effort to weed out predatory publishers.  Worth a look; the article is free in PDF.

http://www.nature.com/news/open-access-website-gets-tough-1.15674

Regards & Happy Friday!

Bill

William F. Nichols, MLS | Director of Library Services | Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine | 350 Howard Street | Spartanburg, SC 29303| Office: 864-327-9852  Fax: 864-804-6986
(The views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the Edward Via College of
Osteopathic Medicine, and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.)
[cid:[log in to unmask]]