From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of London, Susan K.
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 1:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Question about online tutorials

Fellow medlibers (is that a word?),

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has completely replaced
face-to-face teaching (I.e. Bibliographic instruction) of a topic or
software package with online tutorials. My focus is on EndNote, but any
tutorial topic would be useful. I am particularly interested in hearing if
it had an impact on the number of individual questions received and if
anyone expressed an opinion on the class no longer being offered. Also,
I'd like to know if anyone tried this, but then reverted back to classroom
instruction. Thanks in advance if you can contribute and information.

Sue London
Electronic Education Librarian
Indiana University School of Medicine
Ruth Lilly Medical Library, IB319