Are the trails BRUTALLY GROOMED?
Should you get maps if you wanna’ go off-piste into &^%$# )@#&^^?
Do they allow snowboards?
How are the breakfast sandwiches?

Thanx for the TR – it worked for me!

Mark P. Renson

On Friday, August 29, 2014 8:59 AM, Skip King <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On 08/29/2014 08:25 AM, Michael Angle wrote:
The hill was covered in a surface that resembled chainlink fence with plastic bristles growing out of it:
Ah, yes. This place was once known as "Hillend" - and there's a particularly nasty form of thumb fracture/dislocation known in orthopedic circles as "Hillend Thumb," because the surface there produced so many cases of it. Mechanism of injury is this: as you fall, you put your hand down, your thumb gets caught in the mat, the rest of your body keeps moving and your thumb stays put.

And so I spent my hour running laps on the three in-bounds runs. The final analysis?
 - It was a blast.  It was a real skiing experience.
 - At the end of an hour, I was just as happy to go do something else.

I had exactly the same reaction to skiing in an indoor snowdome in Germany about twelve years ago. It was a fascinating experience, but it doesn't take long to extract just about all the goodness from it.