What might have been regulars were kids in the 'terrain park' - a couple jumps and a couple of rails to the side.   And yes, they allowed snowboards and yes the snowboarders seemed to spend most of their time sitting on the skiing surface.  The rest of the crowd were either newbies or guys like me checking out the novelty.

In terms of speed, the guy in the rental shop told me I should come back when it was raining - apparently it is much faster when wet.

Sorry for the omission of any details on breakfast sandwiches - but by Stowe standards (or just about anywhere in Vermont) it was pretty basic - a couple of vending machines.