Colleagues,

The Center for Cultural Pluralism will be screening the two short films
as part of its Fall 2014 Social Justice Film Series (SJFS) – *"Carmen's
Place" & "I'm Just Anneke" *_tonight at 7:30pm in Rm 216 Living/Learning
Commons_. This screening is in collaboration with Outright Vermont,
whose mission is to build safe, healthy and supportive environments for
gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning youth (ages
13-22). Below are the details and a copy of the film poster has been
attached to help promote this program. We appreciate your support.

*_
_*

*_Wednesday, September 24, 2014_**
7:30 PM - Rm 216 Living/Learning Commons
*A brief discussion of the themes will follow the screening.

*About the films: *These short films detail the lives of transgender
youth. /Carmen's Place/ is about a shelter for transgender teens in
Queens, NY. /I'm Just Anneke/ follows the life of a 12-year-old who is
exploring their gender identity.

**

*About the Social Justice Film Series*: Brought to you by the Center for
Cultural Pluralism, the Fall 2014 Social Justice Film Series theme is
*/"Queering Identities" /*and offers participants an educational
opportunity to explore through film and subsequent the queer experience
and its intersections with other social identities. Films selected for
the Social Justice Film Series have one viewing and are generally
screened up to a half hour and followed by an engaged discourse on the
themes by the participants. To be respectful of your time, it is our
hope that this entire educational program does not exceed ninety minutes.

*About the Center for Cultural Pluralism/:/* Established in 1999 at the
Allen House, the Center for Cultural Pluralism (CCP) is dedicated to
helping UVM achieve its core mission to provide quality multicultural
education in order to equip faculty, staff and students with the
competencies necessary to function in a diverse world. Focusing on the
complex intersections of issues of culture and social justice, the
Center offers a unique “Cultural Hub” where individuals and
organizations working on behalf of cultural diversity and social justice
issues can collaborate and coalesce.

For more information or to request accommodations for this film
screening, please call (802) 656-8833 or email [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.We look forward to seeing you at our events!

Best,

Roman Christiaens
Collaboration & Programs Coordinator
Center for Cultural Pluralism