Hi Denise,

In NY for vein mapping we use V72.83 as the primary diagnosis code plus a secondary code based on the disease (440.22 or any of the other atherosclerosis codes or one of the coronary disease codes if pre-op for CABG).  This is what the LCD states for NY (National Government Services).  I would bill the venous procedure first and then the limited arterial.  We have not had any issues.

Ann Marie

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Denise Levy
Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: PAD and vein mapping

Hi all, same date of service.

Reimbursement for unilateral 93926, 440. 22

And bil vein mapping lower extremity 93970, no Medicare code under venous for PAD

Same day of service code. For the venous ? Normally I could billing for the PAD. 440.21

I feel safer just billing for the venous since reimbursement may only pay for the lesser of the two.

Anyone with the same experience in a private office?

Denise

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile