I have been seeing several very small ringlets as well. ómaybe a total of 3 in the past few weeks.
Elinor

Elinor Osborn Photography
PO Box 86     1286 Lost Nation Rd
Craftsbury Common VT 05827

802  586-9994

On Sep 10, 2014, at 2:18 PM, Larry Clarfeld wrote:

Hi folks!

Hoping for some expert advice on this... during a Monarch tagging event at North Branch Nature Center today, one of the participants caught a very tiny ringlet. What is the variation in size of Common Ringlet? this one was not much bigger than my pinky fingernail. Is Small Heath (Coenonympha pamphilus) in the realm of possibilities? I was leading a group, so unfortunately there was no time for more than a quick picture, which is on someone else's camera at the moment.

Thanks,
Larry

--
Larry Clarfeld