Not the same. Where’s the myriad mountain  restaurants and bars, little holes in the wall serving rosti and wine? Where are the mountain railways, the funiculars, the 20 passenger revolving gondolas, pulse lifts, the long 160 passenger cable car rides serving but two pistes, one red and one black? The 7000 foot vertical drops? Glaciers? Little dogs in purses. TeePee bars? Real fur coats? The French? British ski week hooligans and their chalet girls? Cigarettes? Poma lifts? Mono skis? Hardshell snowboard boots and long carving boards?

On Sep 12, 2014, at 10:36 AM, Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> At 10:32 PM 9/11/2014, Wesley A. Wright wrote:
>
>> If you want the European ski experience, go to Europe.
>
> I'd rather just drive up-canyon. Besides, there really isn't anyplace else in the US where this kind of interconnect is feasible.
>
> -m1

| Center for Teaching and Learning  __0__                             |
| Room 407 Lafayette Building      / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77                              |
| Voice: 802-656-1254                  vv                             |
| aim:goim?screenname=maddogskideath      http://www.uvm.edu/~waw/    |