On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> One wasatch will effectively kill one of America's 2 greatest backcountry ranges,...

Nonsense. The Wasatch "backcountry" is really just side country and is as hammered as the resorts. If you want actual backcountry in Utah, you need to go south of Sundance or north of Snowbasin or more realistically, get out of the Wasatch.

Pffft.

 I was there just two seasons ago. Three days after a storm, I spent spent the day making first tracks in White Pine, Red Pine, Maybird and Coalpit.  My buddy and I did not  go out of our way to seek untracked.  It was a Saturday, and we saw one skier after we got past Pink Pine Ridge. 4 drainages, thousands and thousands of acres, few tracks, 3 days post storm.

If your view of Wasatch bc is almost always what the eye can see from Alta, then yes it's tracked out, but that's like saying the VT bc is tracked out because there are moguls on Teardrop.