I think Denis's posts are headed to Pluto.

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 7:45 PM, roger Klinger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I also seem to miss at least half of Denis' posts.

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Matt Duffy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I don't see any of Denis's posts either - haven't for a while. I wonder - Denis, do you post through your email account or do you go directly to the skivt-l page and log in? If it's the latter, I bet that's the issue.

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
At 11:38 AM 9/13/2014, roger Klinger wrote:

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Marc Chrusch wrote:
> One wasatch will effectively kill one of America's 2 greatest backcountry ranges,...

Nonsense. The Wasatch "backcountry" is really just side country and is as hammered as the resorts. If you want actual backcountry in Utah, you need to go south of Sundance or north of Snowbasin or more realistically, get out of the Wasatch.

Pffft.Â

 I was there just two seasons ago. Three days after a storm, I spent spent the day making first tracks in White Pine, Red Pine, Maybird and Coalpit.  My buddy and I did not  go out of our way to seek untracked.  It was a Saturday, and we saw one skier after we got past Pink Pine Ridge. 4 drainages, thousands and thousands of acres, few tracks, 3 days post storm.Â

If your view of Wasatch bc is almost always what the eye can see from Alta, then yes it's tracked out, but that's like saying the VT bc is tracked out because there are moguls on Teardrop.

And I've seen many Saturdays when the White Pine parking lot overflows by several dozens of cars onto LCC road. You got lucky two seasons ago.

I should have clarified. I was referring to the areas accessible from the 4 connection lifts that would be needed, which likely would see increased traffic. But I disagree with Dennis' assertion that OW "will effectively kill" [the Wasatch].

On an unrelated side note, for some reason I am no longer receiving any of Denis Bogan's posts to the list. I just checked for over-active filters (I auto trash any of the automated VT weather and recreational forecast posts) and all seems to be appropriately working. Anyone else with a similar problem?

-m1