Hello everyone,
Our library, which measures 5000 sq. ft. has carpeting throughout. Over the
years, we have found it requires a lot of maintenance to keep it looking
clean and fresh. We are now considering re-doing the floor space and using
either acoustic tiles or regular tile sheeting.

I am wondering if anyone as had experience with this.
By switching from carpet tiling, does it increase the noise level
significantly? Has anyone used acoustic or regular tiles?
Acoustic tiling can be quite expensive, so I am hoping to benefit from the
collective wisdom and experience of our listserv members before taking any
action.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Jacynthe Touchette, MSI
Medical librarian | Bibliothécaire médicale
Jewish General Hospital | Hôpital général juif
Health Sciences Library | Bibliothèque des sciences et de la santé
514-340-8222, X2453
jgh.ca/HSL | jgh.ca/BSS
jgh.ca/PFRC | jgh.ca/CRPF
jgh.ca/PEN | jgh.ca/FR/REP