On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 20:38:07 -0400, Jonathan S. Shefftz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I've never argued -- either in this thread or elsewhere -- that downhill ski area uphilling was a right.

Fair enough, but your diction ("prohibition" "unnecessarily" etc.) suggests a certain degree of indignation.

>Specifically with regard to MRG, my point was that the uphill policy is unnecessarily restrictive, which is in stark contrast to >the glowing tribute to MRG's policy in the original post.

Yet you agree that there aren't really any appropriate trails for uphill travel?  Go ahead and swipe (again) at the original essay -- I've posted worse doggerel here.  I admit it's partisan.  But I maintain that, in the context of NoVT, the policy is "common sense" and reasonable.  Get a headlamp, Jonathan.  And then it's a non-issue.

--justin