During my PhD when I ran a Kiel III, we put glass inserts into the Kiel
vials. This way we could have several carousels of samples ready to go, or
being washed, and still only have one set of actual Kiel vials. The
inserts had a slightly smaller OD then the ID of the Kiel vial and were
short enough to not interfere with the acid dropper. These glass inserts
cost around $0.10 each.

Cheers,
Dave
David P. Gillikin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Geology
Director: Union Stable Isotope Laboratory
Union College
Department of Geology
807 Union St.
Schenectady, NY 12308