Erika,
The change in H3+ that you see is an improvement, not a degradation of performance. More important is that H3+ is stable: repeat determinations of H3+ agree within say 0.03, day to day determinations within 0.1.
A change in filament sometimes seems to result in a change in H3+; the other factor used to control it is the extraction and I fix this at 90% on our delta, while allowing extraction symmetry to vary as autofocus will have it. I use 3kV HT for our H2 tuning, not sure what the original tuning was from the factory but doing that coincided with a drop in H3+ (now sits around 2.7).
That box/trap ratio is not excellent, but is usable.
Use of the A5 mix implies you have GC-C connected. The range of offsets that you see is due to non-linearity of the GC-C interface and I fooled myself just the other day with that range of offsets when injecting a similar std mix (not the deltaV tho). Once you plot accepted vs measured for your alkanes, you'll get a lovely straight line - your calibration!
Robert