Remove the round piece that all the tubes go to. Then get it from the actuator end. Can sonicate too.

Sent from my wireless device.
Please excuse short messages and or grammatical errors.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Gatti, Emma (382D-Affiliate)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:10/03/2014 5:38 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ISOGEOCHEM] Rotor "stuck" in the valco valve of gas bench

Dear all,

Does anybody has ever experienced not being able to extract the rotor from inside a gas bench valco valve?

I have been trying to take it out for cleaning (we suspected a clog inside the valve), but the rotor seems blocked. I used a pen-like magnet to extract it, and I cycled the valve several times to break the "shear seal", but the rotor seems simply not moving.

I would like to know if I should simply keep on trying (it's the first time I am doing it), or this is the sign of a misalignment of the valve, or a problem in the air actuator (even if I checked the air pressure, and it's fine).

Thank you,

Emma