Aloha Erika

I agree with all Robert's points made in regards to H3+.

The term “H3+ correction” describes the algorithm applied to measured d2H data to correct for the contribution of H3+ species formed by ion/molecule reactions in the ion source at increasing gas pressures.  (FIRMS 2011)

I would however check the position of the “newly” installed filament.  It appears you have voltage leakage which is resulting in the large difference between your box and trap.  Check that the two “posts” on the filament are equally spaced from any support structure on the source assembly (i.e. the springs).

Cheers
Bill

William Hiscock, Ph.D.

Technical Service Engineer
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Mobile: +61 (0)4 6600 4540
eMail: [log in to unmask]

Australian Customer Support
5 Caribbean Drive  |  (P.O. Box 9092)  |  Scoresby VIC 3179
Phone:1300 736 767
eMail: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.thermofisher.com.au