Hi collective Brain,

This list has been so helpful over the past month or two that I'm coming
back once again. In order to work around the Thermo AS3000 that was bending
syringes, I've installed an older CTC Combi Pal, so much better. We are no
longer bending syringes with blistering speed. However, the PAL will not
tell the GC that the sample has been injected and that it should go ahead
and start the oven temp program.

So, Thermo Trace Ultra, comm cords between computer and GC and computer and
PAL, as well as between GC and PAL (Interface 1 from PAL to Generic
Handshake on GC). PAL starts injection program when I start a run from
Acquisition in Isodat and knows where all the vials are. It just won't send
the start signal to the GC. If I hit start everything goes as planned, with
the PAL waiting until the GC starts cooling to run the injection program
again, all on it's own.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!!

Jeff

Salacup, Ph.DLecturer **|** Stable Isotope & Biogeochemistry Lab Manager*
*UMass-Amherst*
Website: http://blogs.umass.edu/jsalacup/
 @https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jeff_Salacup/
 @alkenones

*“… it’s not your life. It's life. Life is bigger than you… Life isn't
something that you possess; it's something that you take part in, and you
witness." –Louis C.K.*