Hi Patrick,
The L1102-i should reach on average a measurement frequency of ~0.15 Hz (1 data every 7s or so). Only the later versions (L2120, L2130) go down to 1 data every 1-2s.
My experience is that on a L1102-i, you really shouldn't measure at a mixing ratio higher than 25000 ppmV...we experience these timeouts from times to times in our lab for MR>25000. When it does at lower MR, there might be some tuning to do...which only Picarro support can (remotely) perform. Unfortunately for you is this online support not free of charge anymore!
Cheers,
Youri