Hi Lisa,

Try here:

http://www.waleapparatus.com/catalog.asp?prodid=547973&showprevnext=1

andy

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Lisa Wingate <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear List members,

I was wondering whether someone in Europe or beyond (USA) could help me source some glass tubing for working under vacuum (~0.3Pa). I am now committed to using Swagelok 3/8" Ultra Torr fittings and I would like to find a glass blower or glass supplier with a compatible tube O.D. Most of the glassblowers I have spoken to in France only have metric tubing 9mm or 10mm with a tolerance of +/- 0.15mm.

So can anybody suggest a supplier/glassblower that they have worked successfully with to obtain glass tubing that fits well with the Swagelok Ultra Torr 3/8" fittings.

One option at the moment may be to have the 10mm glass ground down to ~9.5mm. The glass is no longer polished in appearance or feel and I wondered whether I should worry about this for the vacuum seal. Alternatively, the other option may be to ask Swagelok to drill out the Ultra Torr to fit 10mm tubing but this may be more expensive and take longer?

Any advice welcome on the list or alternately you can contact me offline by email.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Dr Lisa Wingate
Research Scientist
Interactions Soil Plant Atmosphere [UMR ISPA 1391]
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique [INRA].
71 Avenue Edouard Bourlaux
CS 20032
33882 Villenave d'Ornon Cedex
FRANCE