Hi Michael, et al..

I teach a grad course at UVM on Virtual Library Design.  The most popular
solutions used in this course are (in order of popularity):

1.  Google Sites
2.  Weebly
3.  Word Press
4.  Blogger
5.  Wix

Some people grouse about Google, but you can build a site that doesn't
'look like' Google sites. Here's an example:
    https://sites.google.com/a/lssuvt.org/googling-toward-the-common-core/

It also depends if you are in a Google in Education district because it
makes sense to use Google sites if you are for the ease of embedding
multiple applications.

We are a Google site, but I created our library's website before we were
and I'll be moving it over to Sites this year.  Here's the weebly version:
http://smhslibrary.weebly.com/

Hope this helps,  Linda

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Michael Horowitz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  I am looking for the best cloud-based, collaboration-enabled, free (or
> nearly so), web design tools.  Weebly?  Squarespace? Wix? LucidPress?
> Anyone?
>

> *Michael Horowitz*

> Design & Technology Education
>
> U-32 (Middle and High School)
>
> 930 Gallison Hill Rd.
>
> Montpelier, VT 05602
>
> 802-229-0321 x1103

Linda McSweeney, *Teacher* *Librarian*
*President, *Vermont School Library Association <http://vtsla.org>

*"Knowledge not shared remains unknown."* -- Luigi Lemoncello

Stowe Middle High School <http://www.stowe.k12.vt.us/shs>
413 Barrows Rd.
Stowe, VT  05672
802-253-7229 x1326
@Lmcsweeney802
+LindaMcSweeney

WARNING:  This email may contain information under the Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA).  If this email contains confidential and/or
privileged student or health information and you are not entitled to access
such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you
destroy this email without reviewing and you may not forward it to anyone.