We use the real barcode scanners.  I've bought my last two from Follett
and they came pre-programmed to have the CR added at the end of the scan,
which is great for checking in/out lots of media.  I tried buying a couple
of handheld scanners from Staples previously, and despite being in the
description, the cord was not included.  Those scanners also have to be
manually programmed to include the CR after a scan.

Melissa Hayden-Raley
Technology Supervisor
Milton Town School District