I did learn that cheep barcode scanners do not pick up the barcodes as well as the more expensive ones.  I bought one off of amazon for my 1:1 but wound up having to use older library one because it picked up the code much better.     I don't know the specification I need to look for, but the older one that worked better had a much bigger light bar.

My worry with the iOS/Tablet scanner is pickup time.  The standard barcode scanner will likely be quicker to read the code and easier to scan books with.

   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003
   Google Apps For Education Certified Trainer & Administrator
My Sites
 ~ Edlisten.com Educational Podcast

gClassFolders ~ Create Google folders for your class.