I would guess that you have already tried this but...
Did you try switching where the microphone and headphones plug in to the
adapter?

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Campbell, Jean <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> We have HP 14" Chromebooks and we need to use a combination
> headphone/microphone with them that has 2 plugs - one for audio, one for
> mic.
> Does anyone know of an adapter that I could get that will work with the
> one audio plug on the Chromebook?
>
> These are the headphones
> <http://www.govconnection.com/shop/cyber-acoustics-ac-400-binaural-headset/5218439?cac=Result>
> we have.
>
> This is the adapter
> <http://www.govconnection.com/shop/startech.com-3.5mm-audio-microphone-headset-adapter-4-pin-to-3-pin/12607070?cac=Result>
> that I tried that DID NOT work with Chromebook.
>
> Thanks, Jean
>

> This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational
> Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If this e-mail contains student information
> and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA, please
> notify the sender. Federal regulations require that you destroy this e-mail
> without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.

Dennis DeWeerdt
Systems Administrator
Flood Brook Union School
91 Rt 11 Londonderry, VT 05148
802-824-6152 [Direct Line]

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." Charles Carson
[Downton Abbey]

♻ Please consider the environment before printing this.
prohibited.