I would guess that you have already tried this but...
Did you try switching where the microphone and headphones plug in to the adapter?

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Campbell, Jean <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,
We have HP 14" Chromebooks and we need to use a combination headphone/microphone with them that has 2 plugs - one for audio, one for mic.
Does anyone know of an adapter that I could get that will work with the one audio plug on the Chromebook?

These are the headphones we have.

This is the adapter that I tried that DID NOT work with Chromebook.

Thanks, Jean

Dennis DeWeerdt
Systems Administrator
Flood Brook Union School
91 Rt 11 Londonderry, VT 05148
802-824-6152 [Direct Line]

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." Charles Carson [Downton Abbey]

 Please consider the environment before printing this.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.