Could you replace the headsets with the usb ones.   Or try a usb headset
adapter like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412823562&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+headphone+adapter

Every usb headset I have connected to a chromebook has worked.  I
personally have never tried the usb adapters.

*   [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> | (802) 772-0003*
*   Google Apps For Education Certified Trainer & Administrator*
*My Sites*
 ~ Edlisten.com ~ Educational Podcast
 ~ AskBj.net ~ Online Training and Ed Tech Resources

gClassFolders
<https://sites.google.com/a/askbj.net/edlisten-resources/my-resources/gclassfolders>~
Create Google folders for your class.