One of my students showed me this site and some of the games he has made...looks very interesting!

http://flowlab.io/

D. Mitchell
Hazen Union School

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi All,

New Gaming Program.  ad supported.  www.sploder.com    free and you can sign up, but you don't have to unless you want to save your games.   I'm using this a precursor to scratch web 2.0.   It teaches the basic steps to create a game, but from a child's perspective.

1)   Make a game/level  in Retro Arcade.
2)  Press play. (the character falls into oblivion.
3)  Retry, but add ground.  Have the characters try again ... lives
4)  Add gold coins, powerbars, obstacles,  monsters, tunnels, vehicles
5)  Test Again... At this point kids have loaded every monster into the game that they can think of.  It becomes too hard. so the kids go back and redesign... delete monsters  to be a more fluid gaming experience
6)  Have others play your game and give critiques,  fix.
7) Have your teacher play the game.
8)  Try a game.
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/angelchouv4/play/the-horror-game-by-angelchouv4/

Have fun.
--

Technology Educator
The St. Johnsbury Elementary School www.stjsd.org

Vermont's Internet Safety Project  www.Vtisp.org

This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it. If you receive this message in error or through inappropriate means, please reply to this message to notify the sender that the message was received by you in error, and then permanently delete this message from all storage media, without forwarding to anyone or retaining a copy.