Hi Michael, et al..

I teach a grad course at UVM on Virtual Library Design.  The most popular solutions used in this course are (in order of popularity):

1.  Google Sites
2.  Weebly
3.  Word Press
4.  Blogger
5.  Wix

Some people grouse about Google, but you can build a site that doesn't 'look like' Google sites. Here's an example:
    https://sites.google.com/a/lssuvt.org/googling-toward-the-common-core/

It also depends if you are in a Google in Education district because it makes sense to use Google sites if you are for the ease of embedding multiple applications.

We are a Google site, but I created our library's website before we were and I'll be moving it over to Sites this year.  Here's the weebly version: http://smhslibrary.weebly.com/

Hope this helps,  Linda