One of our teachers in the English Department is doing a great deal of story telling with comic strip makers. During my past searches for her over the last year for free, online, quality, comic strip generators, I found a really good central resource through "Livebinders". At this site, you can find some really nice super-hero comic generators.

Be sure to browse the tabs, at the top, as there are multiple resources.

Personally, I really like Pixton for its easy-to-use interface and multiple features, however, there is licensing fees associated with it for student users.