>   1. CHAT: Food and drink policies

I agree with everyone- depending on what type of user you serve, a no food
rule becomes increasingly unenforceable (are you open with key access 24/7?
Are you a study space that is going to be most popular off-shift, at lunch
break time, between classes when people need to eat and drink?) and will be
a fool's errand which will divert you from useful work, degrade your
ability to make relationships, and undermine your identity as a
professional resource. Ask people to do what is realistic- covered drinks
only, for instance, and to clean up after themselves. My current library
barely has books, so the traditional sensible reasons to inhibit food
consumption don't apply in the way they once would have.