*****Please Excuse Cross-Postings*****

Register now for the ACRL/NY 2014 Annual Symposium, “The Academic Librarian in the Open Access Future,” taking place on Friday, December 5, 2014.

Register: http://acrlnysymp2014.wordpress.com/registration/

As the movement toward open access (OA) begins to impact our users and our institutions in increasingly complex ways, academic librarians will be called upon to forge and maintain a variety of productive and enriching relationships across the library, across campus, and beyond. What roles will we take on to help researchers negotiate an evolving scholarly communications landscape? To empower students to become skilled and responsible participants in an expanded universe of content? To enable access and enhance discoverability, which is at the heart of OA? And what “best practices” might we develop to build and strengthen the necessary collaborative connections? Through case studies grounded in a range of institutional contexts, we will consider new opportunities and real challenges. During small-group debriefing sessions, participants will have an opportunity to strategize with peers about how to support their users and find potential collaborators.

Symposium Speakers:

Brett Bobley, Chief Information Officer, National Endowment for the Humanities
Stephanie Davis-Kahl, Scholarly Communications Librarian, Illinois Wesleyan University
Jill Emery, Collection Development Librarian, Portland State University
Micah Vandegrift, Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida State University

Where: The William and Anita Newman Vertical Campus Conference Center, Baruch College, 55 Lexington Avenue (at 24th Street) oom 14-220 (14th floor)

Come join the conversation! Space is limited so register now!

Registration Closes Monday, November 24.

Register: http://acrlnysymp2014.wordpress.com/registration/

Celebrate Italian Heritage with a Special Broadway Benefit Concert by the World’s Longest Running Phantom in support of the CSI Italian Studies program><http://csitoday.com/events/franc-dambrosios-broadway-the-phantom-unmasked/>