I’m looking for medical or nursing literature which addresses the amount of time compression garments should be worn by plastic surgery patients post-op before removal to assess incisions/dressings.
In other words, is it okay for nurses to remove compression garments to assess incisions/dressings?  If not, how long should the compression garments be left in place.  I’m not finding much.

Thanks,
Nicole

Nicole Montgomery MISLT, AHIP

Librarian, Library Services
Cox College

Phone: (417) 269-3460
Fax: (417) 269-3492

Visit us on the web:  http://coxcollege.edu<http://www.coxcollege.edu>

Cox College/CoxHealth
COX COLLEGE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information protected by law.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.