The Henry Ford Health System has an immediate job opening for a full-time librarian at our Wyandotte Hospital Library.

Librarian - Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Location:  Wyandotte, MI
Full-time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)

Position Summary

Under limited supervision, oversees the day-to-day functions of the Wyandotte Hospital Medical Library, including managing a public access computer room with multiple workstations and managing the selection, maintenance and operation of hospital-wide audiovisual services, including complex conference room projection systems. Performs a variety of advanced professional library services, including mediated database searching, library instruction, and collection development.  Works with one Library Assistant and reports to the System Director of Libraries and Archives. Collaborates with library colleagues throughout Henry Ford to deliver high-quality enterprise-wide library resources and services.

Minimum Requirements

Master's Degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA accredited program.  Membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals is required (within one year) to obtain professional knowledge required for the position.  A minimum of one year's experience is required.

Preferred Qualifications

Experience in a health sciences library.
Expert skills in searching major medical databases including PubMed, CINHAL, and OvidWeb.  Excellent web searching ability.
Experience with audiovisual equipment and meeting room systems.
Experience teaching end-user medical information literacy skills.
Strong presentation skills.
Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Strong collaborative and service orientation.

Henry Ford Health System

Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education.  Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan.  Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community.  Henry Ford is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000.  Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting and we are the proud recipients of the 2011 Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award.

Equal Employment Opportunity

Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.

Applications are only accepted electronically under the Careers Tab at:  http://www.henryford.com<http://www.henryford.com/>

Position Posting #89220

Please excuse cross posting.

Gayle Williams, MSLS
System Director, Libraries & Archives
Henry Ford Hospital
Sladen Library
313-916-2502 (office)
248-961-1142 (cell)
313-874-4730 (fax)
http://www.henryfordconnect.com/sladen

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sending party by reply email, delete the email from your computer system and shred any paper copies.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before using e-mail to communicate with us. See our Privacy & Security page on www.henryford.com for more detailed information as well as information concerning MyChart, our new patient portal. If you do not believe that our policy gives you the privacy and security protection you need, do not send e-mail or Internet communications to us.