Barbara,

We tell them "A copy is a copy, regardless of format."  We have not had a lot of requests to take pictures but, when we do, it is still a dollar per page (or in the case of maps, the applicable copy fee). I would not allow flash photography, though.

Deanna Robitaille
Montgomery Town Clerk & Treasurer
PO Box 356, 98 Main Street
Montgomery Center, VT  05471
(802) 326-4719

NOTICE:
Under Vermont’s public records law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about town business are classified as public records. This means if anyone asks to see it, we are required to provide it. There are very few exceptions. We welcome citizen comments and want to hear from our residents, but please keep in mind that what you write in an e-mail is not private and could show up in the local newspaper.