Does anyone recall, back prior to civil unions, that there was also a domestic partnership (maybe it had another name) program?  It was not just for same sex couples, it could have been an aunt and niece or brother and sister, or any 2 people committed to each other, as I recall.  We had applications in town clerk offices and I believe its primary purpose was for health insurance benefits.  At the time I never had anyone apply but did have any inquiry today.

Did that program quietly go away?  Can anyone shed any light on it?  Thanks.  Annette

Annette L. Cappy

Brattleboro Town Clerk

230 Main Street, Suite 108

Brattleboro. VT  05301