Hi Ed

I think the Google Apps integration is for login purposes primarily. But
your question made me go check out the media upload options on my
Chromebook and when I choose Upload media from my chromebook logged into
VoiceThread I am able to upload pdfs and images from my Google Drive and
media types as listed here
http://docs.voicethread.com/troubleshooting/file-types-accepted/

But not Google docs

But I will ask them if they have plans to look at adding Google Doc
integration in the future.
They just launched an Android App --- so you never know, eh?

Lucie