Thanks everyone looks like there is enough interest for me to pursue this.
I will see what I can negotiate with VoiceThread.   Remember there are pros
and cons to this... but with more products being single sign on, more
schools are finding this feature beneficial.

I do want to offer this one CLARIFICATION

Google Integration with VoiceThread is Single Sign on only at this time.
They do not integrate Google Docs, etc.  Although I do believe that the
typical media that VoiceThread imports (images and videos)  stored in your
Drive  from a Chromebook work just fine.  So my guess is that to import a
Google Slide deck you'd have to download it as a PDF or PPT first them
upload it to VoiceThread.

I did a quick analysis of our use of VoiceThread in Vermont schools last
year and found that our students have been busy.

Voicethread Created3043Comments made12571Media Artifacts imported11016Minutes
used249185

And some of you have emailed me recently to learn how VoiceThread can be
used.  Check out these great examples on the VoiceThread blog - they also
have free webinars.  I've attended a few recently and picked up some new
ideas.

http://blog.voicethread.com/

Hope this is helpful.  I will keep you all posted of the progress I make
with VoiceThread Google Apps.

Lucie

  - James M. Barrie