Thanks everyone looks like there is enough interest for me to pursue this.  I will see what I can negotiate with VoiceThread.   Remember there are pros and cons to this... but with more products being single sign on, more schools are finding this feature beneficial.

I do want to offer this one CLARIFICATION

Google Integration with VoiceThread is Single Sign on only at this time.
They do not integrate Google Docs, etc.  Although I do believe that the typical media that VoiceThread imports (images and videos)  stored in your Drive  from a Chromebook work just fine.  So my guess is that to import a Google Slide deck you'd have to download it as a PDF or PPT first them upload it to VoiceThread.

I did a quick analysis of our use of VoiceThread in Vermont schools last year and found that our students have been busy.

Voicethread Created3043
Comments made12571
Media Artifacts imported11016
Minutes used249185

And some of you have emailed me recently to learn how VoiceThread can be used.  Check out these great examples on the VoiceThread blog - they also have free webinars.  I've attended a few recently and picked up some new ideas.

http://blog.voicethread.com/

Hope this is helpful.  I will keep you all posted of the progress I make with VoiceThread Google Apps.

Lucie