Hello all:

Earlier this Fall I mentioned on this list that over the summer, the Acceptable Use Policy guidance document that was in place on the School Board Association website had been revamped and updated.

That new policy is now in place on the VTVSBA website.

To reference it, go here:

  *   G11: Responsible Computer, Network and Internet Use<http://vtvsba.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=24c45fb830ec587cff6e5d090&id=871131a863&e=bf52498ca0> - VTVSBA worked with the Agency of Education and information technology directors from around the state to substantially revise our "Acceptable Use" policy in order to be more reflective of current law and practice.  A special thanks to the Orange North Supervisory Union for providing us with their new policy, which served as great starting point for our work.
Just to remind, this is not intended to necessarily be used as it is.  This is intended to be a template or framework from which your own Responsible Use policy can be derived.  You should find this version  useful in its brevity and the movement of more responsibility to the actual student.   This could also be adopted for use on a staff responsible use policy as well.  Again, feel free to adapt as you see fit.

Peter

Peter Drescher
Education Technology Coordinator
Vermont Agency of Education