We're looking for a licensed library media specialist to fill the middle school library media specialist position for the remainder of the school year. Although the position is posted on SchoolSpring as library media specialist and tech integrationist, our primary concern for the substitute position is to maintain a strong library media center with emphasis on information literacy and reading; for the interim, the responsibilities of the tech integration role can be shared with others already on staff. Further support includes a half-time library assistant.
Main Street Middle School is a wonderful place to work; the teachers are eager to collaborate, and the three district librarians form a collaborative and supportive team. Please consider applying if you are qualified and interested, or share this opening with other qualified individuals. Below is the text from the SchoolSpring posting
. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
This long-term substitute position runs from approximately November 24, 2014 through the remainder of the 2014-2015 school year. Appropriate licensure required. This position works collaboratively with students, faculty and staff to provide support in a wide variety of ways including, but not limited to:
• collaboration in curriculum planning and assessment across disciplines and grade levels;
• instruction and support in the skills necessary to effectively access, evaluate, analyze, synthesize, and communicate information in traditional and emerging formats;
• integration, instruction, support and troubleshooting of educational software and hardware technology tools;
• selection and recommendation of print and electronic materials (books, websites, databases, etc.) to support curriculum;
• selection and recommendation of independent reading choices for students and staff.
Additional tasks include maintaining a welcoming and supportive library environment, managing the selection and purchasing from library and technology budgets, working with and supervising one part-time library assistant, and updating and maintaining the MSMS website. Requires familiarity with PC and Mac operating systems and applications, Google Apps for Education, Hapara Teacher Dashboard, Destiny Library software, Joomla and various web based tools.
Interested candidates are asked to apply via SchoolSpring
, or submit a letter of interest, resumé, proof of Vermont licensure, transcripts, and three current letters of reference to:
Dr. Brian G. Ricca, Superintendent of Schools
Montpelier Public Schools
5 High School Drive, Unit #1
Montpelier, Vermont 05602
Susan Monmaney, Librarian
Montpelier High School