Hi all,

Tonight, myself and a few other birders converged upon Gage Rd. around
sunset in hopes of spotting Short-eared Owls. We were not disappointed. At
4:15, 3 SEOWs emerged from the vegetation from the direction of the marsh
to the west. Sunset tonight was at 4:17pm, so these birds were out a bit
early, at least the earliest I've ever observed them. There was even enough
light to snap a few photos as they passed overhead barking at us, which is
saying something for my 400mm lens which has VERY poor light gathering
abilities. A couple of my photos are on my Flickr site.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/106350684@N05/

Happy birding!

-Tyler Pockette