Wow!  Many, many thanks, Liz.

Also interesting is what Weidensaul says about this year, "We’re closely
watching the development of this year’s significant irruption, which is
already perhaps two-thirds the intensity of what we experienced last
year at this time. Interestingly, some of the owls showing up in places
like Maryland are adults — unlike the almost uniformly juvenile invasion
last year."

Jane