Evening Grosbeaks have shown up at my feeders this week with a pair on Tuesday , four yesterday, and this mourning among the snow flakes, a whopping nine. Feels like more than Ive seen in many years but nothing like the hoards that would descend  on the state back in the 1980s. Their presence this week though  has me hopeful well see more of them brightening our backyards this winter.

For an added bonus, five Fox Sparrows were seen scratching among the shrubs yesterday, a new backyard high count.

Paul Wieczoreck
Hinesburg