Hi all,

I went to Shelburne Bay this afternoon. I immediately joined 3 birders who were already there. Chris Rimmer, Chip Wright and Jo. Chris was kind enough to point out to me (much appreciated), the exact locations of the following 6 species of shorebirds:

Killdeer- 1
Greater Yellowlegs- 2 (one of them had an injured left leg)
Sanderling- 1
White-rumped Sandpiper- 3
Pectoral Sandpiper- 3
Wilson's Snipe- 2

It's also that time of year to be on the lookout for Red Phalarope and Purple Sandpiper!!!

Chris had to leave but Chip, Jo and myself had a nice walk around the LaPlatte River Marsh Trail. It was pretty quiet in there but we did see a nice Barred Owl flying from one tree to another.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead

Sent from my iPad